From NYU Wagner on Vimeo.
If you are unable to get past a paywall, please email Jacob.
Jacob W. Faber and Jessica Kalbfeld*. 2019. “Complaining while black: Racial disparities in the adjudication of complaints against the police.” City & Community.
Besbris, Max, Jacob W. Faber, and Patrick Sharkey. 2019. “Disentangling the Effects of Race and Place in Economic Transactions: Findings from an Online Field Experiment.” City & Community 18(2): 529-555.
Jacob W. Faber. 2019. “On the street during the Great Recession: Exploring the relationship between foreclosures and homelessness.” Housing Policy Debate. 29(4): 588-606
Faber, Jacob W. and Peter Rich. 2018. “Financially over-extended: College attendance as a contributor to foreclosures during the Great Recession.” Demography, 55(5): 1727-1748.
Faber, Jacob W. 2018. “Segregation and the geography of creditworthiness: Racial inequality in a recovered mortgage market.” Housing Policy Debate, 28(2): 215-247.
- Winner, 2018 Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Research Prize, Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service, NYUFaber, Jacob W. 2018. “Cashing in On Distress: The Expansion of Predatory Financial Institutions throughout the Great Recession.” Urban Affairs Review: 54(4) 663–696.
- Honorable Mention, 2015 Student Paper Award, ASA Community and Urban Sociology SectionBesbris, Max, Jacob W. Faber, Peter Rich, and Patrick Sharkey. 2018. “The Geography of Stigma: Experimental Methods to Identify the Penalty of Place” in Audit Studies: Behind the Scenes with Theory, Method and Nuance pp 159-177 ed. S. Michael Gaddis. New York: Springer.
Besbris, Max and Jacob W. Faber. 2017. “Investigating the Relationship Between Real Estate Agents, Segregation, and House Prices: Steering and Upselling in New York State.” Sociological Forum, 32(4):850–873.
- Winner, 2014 Society for the Advancement of Socio-Economics Graduate Student Paper AwardFaber, Jacob W. and Ingrid G. Ellen. 2016. “Race and the Housing Cycle: Differences in Home Equity Trends Among Long-Term Homeowners.” Housing Policy Debate, 26(3): 456-473
Faber, Jacob W. 2015. “Superstorm Sandy and the Demographics of Flood Risk in New York City.” Human Ecology, 43(3): 363-378.
Besbris, Max, Jacob W. Faber, Peter Rich, and Patrick Sharkey. 2015. “The effect of neighborhood stigma on economic transactions.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 112(16): 4994-4998.
Faber, Jacob W. and Patrick Sharkey. 2015. “Neighborhood Effects.” In International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (Second Edition), 443-449.
Sharkey, Patrick and Jacob W. Faber. 2014. "Where, When, Why, and for whom do Residential Contexts Matter? Moving Away From the Dichotomous Understanding of Neighborhood Effects." Annual Review of Sociology, 40: 559-579.
Faber, Jacob W. 2013. “Racial Dynamics of Subprime Mortgage Lending at the Peak.” Housing Policy Debate, 23(2): 328-349.
- 2013 Association of Black Sociologists Graduate Student Paper Award
- 2012 Graduate Student Paper Award, ASA Latino/Latina Sociology Section
Faber, Jacob W. 2017. Review of “Foreclosed America,” by Isaac William Martin and Christopher Niedt. Journal of Planning Education and Research, 37(1): 116-118.
Faber, Jacob W. 2016 “Segregation exacerbated the Great Recession and hindered our policy response.” NYU Furman Center’s The Dream Revisited.